Thursday, March 31, 2011

Soccer, T-Shirts and a Time Out

Owen had another soccer game on Tuesday.  I brought along my camera, but it was hard to get any good shots of him with the ball.  I did get one, but it came out blurry.  Part of the reason is because half the time he stands around chatting with his buddy and some of the other kids.  The coach even told him and his friend to stop talking!  So part of the time we watched him run around playing soccer and practicing, but the other 50% of the time we watched him stand around and talk.  He does well when he actually plays and does what he's supposed to.  I guess I should just be glad he's having fun and not crying the entire time! 
Talking

Talking

More talking :)

and... more talking

Since Owen's birthday theme is Toystory, I made the boys matching Buzz Lightyear shirts.  Well, I guess they are not matching, but similar.  They turned out pretty cute.  I think Adam will really like it because anytime Owen wears one of his Toystory shirts, Adam is always pointing to Buzz.  Now I just need to sew them and hopefully that goes well.  My sewing machine and I don't always get along!
Front
Back- I love the little Space Ranger symbol on the back

Adam is so sweet, affectionate, and does the most adorable things MOST of the time.  He is so funny too.  He has such a great sense of humor even at just one year old.  But there are times when he is down right naughty.  Lately he has been hitting.  I don't know where he got that from since he's never seen us hit, does not go to daycare where he could possibly learn it from another child, nor does he see any type of hitting on TV.  I'm pretty sure Owen is not secretly hitting him when we aren't watching either as he's usually a pretty good big brother.  So today he hit me and when I asked him to stop, he smiled at me and did it again.  I told him a second time that we don't hit and he laughed and hit me again.  So I put him on time out.  He got up twice and I put him back on again and then he stayed.  I only had him sit for about 30 seconds and I told him I was proud of him for sitting and not getting up and he just smiled.  Then I got him off the chair and he went right back and sat down.  He was all smiles.  I think he liked Time Out and I think we're in trouble!  They say three is the new two, but I'm thinking two is the new one!

1 comment:

Maddie said...

I love the t-shirts! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute boys wearing them :)