Last night I braved the torrential downpour to take the boys to McDonalds. We just HAD to go because daddy was working there! His school was having a fundraiser and a portion of the sales that night went directly to the school. Teachers volunteered an hour at a time to "work" and the students that came in to eat got a kick out of it. I'm pretty sure Owen thinks Mike is even cooler than he did before since he saw him behind that McDonalds counter.
 |
| Where's McDaddy? Can you find him? |
Mike was in charge of the ice cream/milkshake machine. Every time I looked over he was making another Shamrock Shake. The orders kept coming. He barely had a break and he looked a little stressed!
Owen had his first Happy Meal (at least that I've bought him). He was beyond excited for the little plastic car.
 |
| Our last siting of Owen's matchbox car. |
Yes, it's a story similar to the mall rides. I have not introduced him to Happy Meals... until yesterday mainly because he did not know (or else forgot) there was such a thing and I sure wasn't going to tell him about it. Partly because I'm cheap, but even more because we have enough little toys and they end up at the bottom of the toy basket after one day of play. However, he saw the toys on display as soon as we walked in and he was hooked. I'm a little disappointed that you don't get that colorful folded box anymore, just a bag that says "Happy Meal". I guess the bags are more eco-friendly though.
I didn't get any pictures of Adam. He was busy eating french fries. I brought along healthy baby food for him, but he spotted Owen's fries and kept trying to snatch them. I finally caved and gave him some before he threw a fit. I really hoped to avoid giving him any McDs for at least another year. Oh well...
 |
| You can't really see it, but Mike's name tag said "Mr. McReager" |
While we were at McDonalds Owen's matchbox car was stolen. He handled it better than I expected with only a few tears. It was his FAVORITE car that Papa gave him. I told him he should leave it in the truck, but he insisted on bringing it in. Adam dropped it on the floor and before I could pick it up, it was taken. We told Owen that he did a good deed because the little boy (or girl) that took it probably has very few toys at home. So he should look at it like donating and not stealing.
And that's our McDonalds story. Have a nice day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment