Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day of Pampering

I am in a little bit of a blogging funk.  Nothing too blog worthy going on I guess.  I have not even taken any pictures of my boys which makes my posts super boring!  Not to worry... we are going to be spending lots of time outside tomorrow at the park so I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Today was a very rare day for me.  Papa and Finny watched both boys ALL day so I could get some things done.  First, I had an echocardiogram at the hospital.  When I was in high school I decided I wanted to play volleyball.  When I went through the  line to get my physical, one of the doctors heard a mummer when he was listening to my heart.  He would not sign my physical card until I had it checked out.  I had an EKG and it showed a Class 1 heart mummer.  No big deal at all.  I think I'm pretty lucky seeing how both my parents were born with congenital heart defects, my mom's dad passed away of a heart attack, and my grandpa had major heart surgery many years ago and now has a calf valve in his heart.  Well, I ended up changing my mind and never played volleyball, but I also never had my heart checked again... until today.  Most doctors can't even hear my mummer, but my doctor thought I should have and ECHO just to check on it and see if maybe it went away.  It was sooooooooo relaxing.  I had a sweet technician and she dimmed the lights, turned on relaxing music, and took an ultrasound of my heart for 40 minutes.  I almost fell asleep.  It's funny how things like going to the dentist and getting an ECHO are now extremely relaxing to me since I have two rambunctious kids!

Next, I went to get my hair highlighted and cut.  I tried out a new place and really liked it.  I think sitting under the dryer while reading People magazine was my favorite part :)  The poor hairdresser had to repair the damage done by a previous haircut.  She said the haircut I had last time was "questionable."  haha!  Note to self... don't EVER go to a random mall salon again unless I know the person cutting my hair or they come highly recommended.  I am pretty sure the sweet girl that cut my hair last time had done very few haircuts before mine.  She had no idea what she was doing and my hair was all uneven.  So, needless to say, today's haircut was MUCH better :)

I picked my boys up and missed them sooooooooooooooooo much.  Being home with them is so exhausting, but I love it at the same time and miss them like crazy when I am not with them.

No comments: