Sunday, July 18, 2010

Party Animals

This weekend we went up to Raystown Lake. I was originally planning on staying home with Adam and Mike was going to take Owen up so they could spend the weekend with Papa and Finney. However, as the weekend approached I started to second guess my decision to stay home. I was looking forward to a quiet weekend here, getting some MUCH needed sleep, and cleaning and organizing our house, but I knew I would really miss Owen (and Mike) and I was afraid I would regret not going. Lately, I have had the WORST time making decisions! I think I am driving Mike a little nutty. Anyway, I decided I was not going to go and they left and I was getting ready for a dentist appointment when Mike called and said they were coming back to get Adam and I. Luckily they were only in Hershey. So they came back home and waited for me to pack, and get back from the dentist, and then we all piled in the truck and went up to Raystown for the weekend.

Friday night, Kim cooked delicious lasagna for about 20 people!! I did not take many pictures this weekend, but I did take a picture of everyone eating dinner together.
Adam did not sleep that well while we were there. Friday, he only took a short afternoon nap and went to bed early, however he kept waking up because he heard all the people outside talking and laughing. I am convinced he did not nap well all weekend because he was afraid he would miss something! Once we all went to bed he slept through the night, which was a relief.

Saturday, Mike, Owen, and Papa went out on the boat while Adam and I went to Wal-Mart. Adam was soooo tired, but refused to nap while we were at Wal-Mart. Instead, he fussed until I held him and then he smiled at every single person that showed any interest in him. I stopped at Subway for lunch and he talked and smiled at all the workers and people in line. He's a ham and loves people!!

Saturday night we celebrated Scott's 60th birthday with a huge party! There was delicious food and great drinks. Owen was very sociable and had no problem talking to anyone that would listen. We are working on conversation starters with him. For instance.... whenever he meets someone new he says something strange like, "I have a wwwwwocket (rocket)!" or "I have a Gordon movie". I am trying to teach him to say "Hello, I am Owen, how are you?" instead. It's pretty funny watching him try it out. Mike and I had to make sure we were nearby when he would strike up conversations because he usually needed a translator. He entertained us with his dance moves for a little bit too. He had to make sure to stay hydrated... it was very hot and humid. Scott was kind enough to let Owen help open his gifts. Mike asked him what he thought was going to be in the first present that Scott opened. Owen replied, "Buzz Lightyear!"
We came home early this morning and Owen and Mike are at the pool while Adam is finally taking a good nap. In fact, I would not be surprised if he slept till Thursday!

No comments: