Thursday, July 29, 2010

Creepy Crawler


This little guy has started crawling! While we were at the beach I didn't want to put him on the floor in the hotel. Hotel floors gross me out a little bit. So we'd put him on the king size bed and that's where he really started crawling around. We could not take our eyes off him or he would be off the bed. Then, when we got home and I put him on the floor he took off. He does not have perfect form, but he gets to where he wants to go just fine. It's a mix between an army crawl and an inch worm. Sometimes he does a face plant. I love the face he makes when he is crawling. His mouth is wide open and he is really concentrating and very determined. He leaves a trail of drool wherever he goes so we can see how far he has gone. My dad calls him a St. Bernard because he drools so much!
Owen was an early crawler/walker, but a late talker. He took his first steps at 9 months and by his first birthday he was running all over the house. However, he only really started talking around 2 1/2. I am not sure if Adam will be an early walker which is fine with me! We'll just have to see! For now I am enjoying his cute little wiggle worm crawl.

Yesterday was his first time sitting in his high chair. Up until now we have been using his Bumbo or bouncy seat to feed him. He liked his highchair and ate really well so we'll have to try it again today.
Adam loves his walker too! He walks all over the place and is starting to get into anything he possibly can. He tries to open the kitchen drawers, but has not had much success... yet. This morning I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned, he had pulled Owen's little wooden chair over the try of his walker and was chewing on it. Here he is taking the magnets off the fridge along with Owen's artwork. I have a feeling he is going to keep us on our toes!

The Johnny Jump-Up is another one of Adam's favorites. He loves to bounce! I took a video of him bouncing the other day. I will post it a little later. :)

No comments: