Yesterday we celebrated our five year wedding anniversary. My sister and Eric kindly came home from Baltimore so Mike and I could go out to dinner and then to the Dave Matthew's Band concert.

This was my third time seeing Dave, but Mike's first. It's a concert he's always wanted to see. I was actually more excited for the opening band- Zac Brown Band. They were great!! The violin player was my favorite.

I hope to see them in concert again sometime. The Dave concert was amazing even though he played a lot of newer songs that neither of us knew.

We could still really appreciate the "incredibleness" of the music. We ended up not even finding our seats. We stood at the railing the entire time and had a great view. Mike desperately wanted to be down on the floor in front of the stage and even contemplated sneaking down until we saw about 50 people try it throughout the night and quickly get caught and angrily escorted out. I think what I enjoyed most, besides the music and hanging out with Mike, was the people watching. It was phenominal. I took some hilarious pictures of people. Mostly people wearing T-Shirts that said some obniouxious and hideous things. Last night I thought it would be a great idea to put them on my blog, but since this is a blog for my family and mainly about my kids, I decided against it this morning when I sat down at the computer. I also took a picture of a young, slightly intoxicated gentleman that asked me to hold his beer for him because he was carrying three and trying to find his friend. When he handed me a beer, Mike told him that he would not give me a beer (insinuating that I might drink it), but the man thought it was because I was not 21. He said, "Why? Are you underage?" Bless his heart. I might have even kissed him for saying that... I don't really remember. I know I did get a picture with him. It made this almost-thirty year old that just had a baby tickled, even though I'm not sure he was seeing straight.
I took this picture with my camera. I'm impressed with how clearly you can see the people that were sitting across the stadium from us.

Every couple minutes people were being carried out by security for being sick. My guess is they drank way too much and possibly had some other factors working against them (heat? drugs?). It was entertaining, although I felt badly for the lady in front of us that had to be put on a stretcher board and carried out. Watching people try to jump the fence and get caught was sooooo funny!
While we were watching the concert two of my old friends from E-town walked by!

I was so excited to see them and catch up. It's funny because 5 years ago we were at our wedding and they were both there celebrating with us too! It made me miss my old job even more.
We had a really nice night together celebrating 5 years of marriage!! Here's to 50+ more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment