Saturday, May 15, 2010

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days....

Poor Adam still has his awful cold. Last night he had a temp of 100.3, one tenth away from having to call the doctor. Luckily, after some Tylenol, it was back down. However he was up twice in the middle of the night to eat! He has not gotten up twice to eat in the middle of the night since he was just a couple weeks old. I decided it might be time to try a little cereal so this morning was Adam's first taste of solids, if you can call it that. It was so diluted that it was more like spoon feeding him milk. But, he enjoyed it! I'm not sure if he liked being spoon fed or liked the taste of the cereal. Not much of it made it into his mouth. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow.

Owen had a birthday party today for his buddy Aiden from daycare who turned 4. The theme was "Spiderman". It was such a nice party with tons for the kids to do and good food too! I was a little nervous because the party was from 12-3 and Owen still naps around 1 everyday. Owen was doing pretty well playing and interacting until he fell and scraped his knee. He cried and cried and had a hard time getting over it and shaking it off like he normally does. After that he was very clingy and kind of a party pooper. A little pizza seemed to do the trick and I thought he would be back to playing and having fun, but I was wrong. Right after he ate Spiderman showed up... Aiden is really into Spiderman and it made his day, however Owen was terrified. He would not let me put him down and his poor legs were clinging to me so tightly. I knew then that it was time to say good-bye and head home for a nap.

After naps we went to the horse show. As I was loading the stroller in the truck the porch door blew open and Cheech ran out. He hid behind a bush and I had to practically jump on him to get him back inside. He (and I) were covered in mulch.

Needless to say, I was very happy this evening when bedtime rolled around!!

No comments: