Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo


Yesterday we celebrated Cinco de Mayo. It's become a family tradition. I believe the first year we celebrated it, Owen had just turned one year old. We were sitting on the deck and he was dancing around in his diaper. We had so much fun that we decided to celebrate it every year. Yesterday, I made chicken enchiladas and rice and Aunt Judy and Uncle Boo came over. Aunt Judy made delicious margaritas and also brought over some chips and salsa. It was so much fun! Then, we all played Frisbee, soccer, and tried to do cartwheels, which didn't go over too well.

Adam was being fussy, as he can be in the evenings, but he enjoyed being held by Uncle Boo.
Here is Adam sitting on daddy's new lawn mower. Our old one died and was revived many times, but it was time for a new one.
On a different topic...Potty training is draining me!! I hear all these stories about kids that were trained in a day or two. I have a feeling it might take us a lot longer than that. I decided to start a potty sticker chart on Tuesday. Owen gets one sticker for pee and two if he poops. It seems to be motivating him. He only gets chocolate after 5 stickers. He pretty much has the pee part down, but we are still working on the other. He's not as consistent as I'd like and wants so badly to wear underwear, but every time I put them on him he has an accident almost right away. I think he is just so excited to be wearing "big boy underwear" that he wets himself. I am trying very hard not to make a big deal about accidents and I am encouraging him to use the potty constantly throughout the day, but it is a bit exhausting.

No comments: