Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

We often spend Memorial Day weekend at the lake, but this year we decided to stay home so we could work on the house and get things done before our trip.  Mike and Adam (neighbor) pulled out an unbelievable amount of metal from the creek.  I wish I had taken a picture.  My grandfather used it to help build a bank along the creek, but due to the erosion that occurred after Hurricane Lee, much of it was exposed and really dangerous.  Mike put some stone on the floor of the greenhouse and today the boys and I scrubbed the outside of the greenhouse.  I (along with help from my mom) spent over an hour pulling out staples and nails from the floor.  Mike picked up the hardware flooring this morning and my dad helped him carry an entire trailer full of heavy boxes into the house.

My mom babysat the boys for a little while on Saturday morning so Mike and I could go furniture shopping.  When I got home my mom told me she had made 14 baskets and almost beat Owen in basketball.  Playing sports with Owen is definitely the way to his heart and he's pretty lucky to have such an athletic grandma who is willing to play basketball with him :)

Last night Nana Way watched the boys for a little bit while Mike and I went to dinner.  They love when Nana Way babysits because she's a sucker and will play endless games of Chutes & Ladders and Candy Land with them.  Luckily the leprechaun stayed away this time and didn't lock Nana Way out of the house.

This morning the boys and I went to our neighbors pond to go fishing.  Both boys caught two fish and had such a good time!  They have asked if they can please go fishing every day. Owen and Adam are loving the fact that they have so many neighbor kids to play with at our new house.



We played in the creek for a while too.  It was so refreshing!
And tonight, after working hard all day on the house, we went to Papa and Finney's for dinner.  Finney made the most delicious meal- ribs, steak, chicken, rice, beans, bread, mac & cheese.  We are so lucky to have a wonderful family always willing to help us out!!

Also feeling thankful for this wonderful country we live in and all the men and women that have sacrificed their lives so we can enjoy freedom everyday.

No comments: