Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

We jam packed a lot of fun into our weekend.

Saturday morning I did the Gretna Gritty mud run.
Our group, "Run or Dye Trying", had 35 people which meant we practically had our own heat. 
 
 
Everyone helped each other out and it was a lot of fun. The race involved some steep climbs, crawling through disgusting wet mud, jumping over fire, running through creeks, climbing over pianos, and even a penguin plunge where we had to jump into freezing water and swim under a board so we were forced to get completely wet.  Thank goodness for a nice, sunny, warm day (even though they were calling for rain!). 

My biggest fear with this race was the snapping turtles that I heard were in the water.  I am not a fan.  Willa was kind to hold my hand and help me face my fear :)
My boys were waiting for me on the other end.  I love how Owen is looking at me like I am crazy!  It's not often he sees me covered in mud.

Paige, Ella, and the girls were home for the weekend so we spent a good part of Saturday with them.  We always hate to see them leave.

I found it a little ironic that Ella found a baby snapping turtle later that afternoon when we took the kids over to play in the creek.
On Sunday, my dad found one in the middle of the road and when he got out to try to get it off the road it bit his shoe.  Oh, I hate those things.

We also enjoyed some quality time with Maddie and Below who were home visiting this weekend (sadly I don't have a picture of them).  Below was too busy playing every sport possible with Owen while Maddie and I relaxed on the deck.

Sunday night, Owen and Adam had a race.  Only one more race after tonight.  This one was definitely a nail biter.  Owen was in 2nd place most of the race and the boy in front of him had a good lead even close to the end.  About 10 feet from the finish line, Owen kicked it into high gear and ended up winning.

Tonight the boys and I shared a slushy to help us cool off in this heat.  Adam said a bunch of times, "Let's play God."  Finally I asked how we play that game and he said, "We pass it back and forth like at the Last Supper."  Glad to know he's paying attention in Sunday school!
It was such a nice Mother's Day weekend. 

We all can't wait to see Caleb (hopefully this weekend!).  Beth sent me this picture today and I said that it looks like he's praying that he gets to meet his cousins soon.  Love him!

No comments: