Monday, June 2, 2014

Schools Out for Summer!

At least for me it is.  Owen still has another week and Mike works throughout the summer. 

Adam and I had a nice day together.  I got so much done- errands, groceries, cleaning, going through the big pile of mail that's been piling up, appointments, and even squeezed in a bike ride with Adam. 
After all that, we both were tired and needed a nap.  Adam is back to taking afternoon naps.  Just in time for us to go on vacation :)
 I don't think he really needed to nap this winter since we spent so much time indoors with little physical activity.  Now that we're outside playing and running around in the sunshine he gets tired and definitely benefits from a nap.  And boy can he nap!  Adam's naps are almost always 2-3+ hours.

I enjoyed a book, Cheech on my lap, and an afternoon nap.  Pure bliss!
Looking back on our weekend...

Silly boy dressed himself last week.  Tie, cape, and Superman shirt.  Ready for anything life throws at him.
 
Friday was our last day of school.  Here is our second grade team...
 Lots of laughs with these girls.  In this job, you need to laugh and have a little fun.  They both have young kids too so we are always sharing stories and helping each other out when one of our babies is sick and we have to leave early or miss work, or we come into work on very little sleep. 

Friday was also a special day because it was my mom's last day of work.  She is officially RETIRED!  After working in banking for 21 years and going back to school and teaching for many many more years, she deserves this time to do whatever makes her happy :)
Beth, Eric, and Caleb came home for the first time as a family of three this weekend. 
 Caleb already thinks his older cousin is cool.  He stares at Owen and even smiled at him a few times. 

We got a new roof on our house.  Unfortunately only about 1/4 was put on and then we got a huge storm.  After some leaking into the attic, buckets, and tarps, I think we're OK now. 

Maddie and Below were also home this weekend so we spent a lot of time with them- watching Bergie play in the creek, drinking Aunt Judy's mango margaritas on the deck, and a campfire at night. 

Saturday morning Owen ran the 26th mile of his marathon challenge.  He had a few months to complete 25 miles on his own and then all the kids met on Saturday to run the last mile.  He ran the mile in 7 min. 20 seconds.  He's definitely faster than I am right now.  Trying to decide if I should accept it or get in shape enough to beat him. 
On Sunday I ran in the Color Run with some daycare moms.  It was fun, but crowded.  I'm still sneezing like crazy from inhaling all the color dust.
 
Happy Monday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys always have such fun-packed weekends! Glad we could be part of it :)

Angie said...

What a great weekend!!! I've always wanted to do a Color Run!

Yay for retirement. My Mom retired last year, best decision for her ever.