Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Post of 2013!

We've had such a nice weekend!  Saturday morning we were going to take the boys to the science museum in Lancaster, but our friends called and asked if we wanted to go bowling with them.  The boys were MUCH more excited about bowling with friends than going to a museum.  I should have taken pictures, but I forgot my phone.  It was pretty funny.  Adam didn't want to use the metal ramp they have for young kids.  He wanted to roll the ball himself which meant the ball traveled less than 1 mile per hour down the lane.  The adults were able to bowl two games in the time it took the kids to bowl one.  I did MUCH better this time.  Meaning, I didn't get beat by my 2 year old :)

After bowling, Jenny and I went out to lunch by ourselves and then did a little shopping.  Such a special treat!

Saturday night Owen and I finished building his Lego pirate ship.  Owen did this 90% by himself.  I am just the search-for-pieces person. 
This morning we went to church, but not before a quick stop at Sheetz so the boys could split a donut.  I'm sure their teachers appreciate us sugaring them up before dropping them off at Sunday School:)
And just a few other pictures from our weekend...
Adam going outside to help daddy wash the cars
While I was getting ready for church I walked in to see Adam sitting in his chair reading.  We read every night before bed, but he doesn't sit by himself too often to read so it made me happy to see.

No comments: