Nana Way beat us all and somehow I came in last. Yes, Owen and Adam both beat me...pitiful. I kept worrying that Adam would run up behind me and I'd hit him with my ball...I'll blame it on that:)
Owen and I spent more time working on his Lego ship and we're almost finished. I'm a little addicted to Lego's. It's very relaxing to search for the pieces and follow the directions.
We kept up with our tradition of cooking a big dinner for New Year's Eve. We had steak, crab cakes, salmon, and I made this really good potato dish. I got the recipe here.
Afterwards, we put on headlamps and went for a night hike on the snowy rail trail. The boys were running and playing and loving life. It was one of those moments that I want to freeze in my mind and always remember.
Afterwards we came home and put on jammies, played, and then snuggled on the couch and both boys got to pick a show to watch.
I loved our perfect little New Year's Eve.
Tomorrow we'll eat pork and saurkraut for good luck and try to mentally prepare ourselves to return to the real world of work, school, and day care.
1. Adam got his cast off
2. Owen went skiing for the first time during our trip to Lake Arial with friends
3. Owen played T-ball
4. We went to Avalon and had a blast with friends
5. Lala, Owen and I went to Mississippi to see Uncle Jesse get his naval aviator wings. It was Owen's first time flying on an airplane.
6. Adam was potty trained
7. Lala, Owen and I went to New York. It was Owen's first time!
8. Owen started Kindergarten!
9. Owen played soccer
10. Mike went to China
11. We went to St. John for Beth and Eric's wedding (Owen still asks to go back at least three times a week)
I really hate ending on an odd number, but I can't think of a 12th, so 11 it is.
Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment