On Sunday, Ella got to ditch her afternoon nap to come over and bake cookies with Owen, Aunt Beth, and I. It was so much fun :)
Yesterday I had the privilege of helping deliver gifts to children in the area. It is a program that our church runs every year. All the children had mothers in jail and the gifts were delivered on behalf of the moms. The last house we went to was actually a former student of mine. It was a wonderful experience and I hope to make it a family tradition once the boys are a little bit older.
Mike made a gingerbread train with the boys before I left to deliver the gifts.
Christmas Eve we went to church at 4:30. When we walked out of church it was a winter wonderland! Snow!!!! We had a white Christmas. There aren't too many of those in a lifetime- they definitely are special.
Then it was over to Uncle James and Aunt Phran's house. It was nice seeing everyone... especially Beatrice.
![]() |
| Mike is making a funny face because that's normally how he looks when I take his picture. |
| Owen checking out Bea's tiny hands. |
When we got home the boys got everything ready for Santa, but not before they ran around outside in the SNOW.
Carrots for the reindeer, cookies for Santa, and Owen even sprinkled special reindeer food out his window onto the roof. While the boys were sleeping, Mike went out onto the roof and walked around so when the boys woke up the next morning they would see "Santa's" footprints. Sadly, the snow melted and washed away his footprints.
Owen was up at 5:30, but I made him wait to go downstairs until 6:30am. Sam, our elf, left the boys a note saying "good bye" and reminding them to be on their best behavior ALL year, not just at Christmas. Santa's footprints were on the brick too! Adam was very impressed and amazed that the cookies and carrots we left out were all gone. Owen looked at the footprints and said, "Looks like sugar to me." Stinker.
After opening gifts here at our house and eating Nana Way's delicious cinnamon rolls. we went over to Papa and Finney's for gifts and lunch. The boys are so lucky to be so loved and spoiled by all their grandparents. After a yummy lunch we came home for naps. Well, 1/4 of us napped. Owen was too excited to nap.
During nap time Mike went over to spend time with Papa Doc. He gave him a haircut, then his nurse gave him a shower, they played Christmas music and he ate some leftovers from Finney's lunch. He said he felt like royalty. Mike was able to convince him to come over to our house for a little while.
Right before our guests arrived, Maddie, Below, Uncle Boo and Aunt Judy stopped over to share some super exciting news. Maddie and Below got engaged this morning. We are so excited for them!! I bet during their college years, Mike and Below never thought they would marry cousins and be (semi) related one day.
I love having all the kids over to our house. They are loud, sweaty, messy, excited, and we have to remind them to stop running a million times until we give up and just let them run all over the place. I know in a few years they will just sit like lumps in the basement watching TV or playing video games so I'm sure to enjoy every minute of it now.
![]() |
| I forgot to wipe Adam's face...oops! |
| Round 2 of desserts. Candy apples :) |
We had a dance party and Sam and Adam were the stars of the show. I took some priceless video that I'll have to post separately.
It was pretty low key and planned last minute, but sometimes those are the best kind of get-togethers.
And tonight once everyone left Owen said he was really happy and "felt so alive". Adam said he loved having everyone to our house. And that to me is a successful Christmas.












No comments:
Post a Comment