Sunday, December 16, 2012

Heart ache

My heart aches so much for the families of the little ones and adults that died in Friday's school shooting. I just can't imagine.

I wanted to be at home with my boys all weekend.  They got an extra dose of hugs, kisses, and "I love yous".  I really struggled with whether or not to tell Owen about it.  We don't ever watch the news here at our house because we don't want the boys seeing/hearing all the awfulness that goes on in the world.  If he wasn't in Kindergarten I would not have said anything to him, but I'm afraid other kids might talk about it.  I didn't want him to hear about it from another student and feel scared about being at school.  So Mike and I talked to him about it very briefly. We told him something bad happened at a school really far away and people were hurt.  We told him someone that wasn't well in his head got into a school and did horrible things.  We also told him that his school is really safe and there's a police station right across the street so he has nothing to worry about.... I pray.  His response..."I would just run fast like a Ninja".  He thinks he has super powers and could take on the world right now. 

I went into school briefly today and it felt so eerie.  I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions and comments from my 2nd graders tomorrow.  It's such a shame.

Here's a picture of my two sweethearts before Sunday School today.  Adam was very excited to wear his reindeer sweater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They both look so handsome!!!

I love the reindeer sweater.
Abuela