Sunday, January 13, 2013

No pics post

I don't have any fun pictures from our weekend, but it was still a pretty good one!

We kept Owen home from school on Friday because Thursday evening he had a fever, headache, cough, and snotty nose.  He bounced back quickly and probably could have handled a half day of Kindergarten, but I thought we'd be good and obey the 24 hour fever free rule.

Saturday morning I went for a run.  I think it's been about 6 months since the last time I ran.  Pathetic!!  I only did about 2.5 miles, but it had 3 or 4 pretty big hills (one of which I had to walk up).  Then today I ran 3 miles with a new mom's running group.  My legs are super sore since they haven't experienced that kind of exercise in quite a while!

I thought today was supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees.  I told Owen and Adam we'd get out their new bounce house that my parents got them for Christmas.  Owen was excited to run as many laps around the outside of the house as he possibly could.  We kept waiting and waiting for the cold drizzly yuckiness to go away and it never did :(  I wouldn't mind one big snowstorm, but after that, I'm ready for spring.

We went to church this morning.  I should take a video of Adam going to church.  He gets out of the car and we have to hold him back from running into church and remind him not to push people out of the way.  The entire time he's saying "I go see my teacher, I go see my teacher, I go to school" and he's jumping up and down and telling every single person that makes eye contact with him that he's going to see his teacher (Ms. Candy) and he's going to "school".  It's a riot!  That boy loves Sunday school.  Mike went with him again today so I could go to church.  It was all about seizing the day...so good.  Did you know there are only 86, 400 seconds in a day?  I didn't know that until today.

A friend of mine posted this article on Facebook yesterday and it was so eye opening that I have to share it on here too.  I had been making a conscious effort to not spend much time on my computer or phone, but after reading that article, I realized I need to be even better. 

All 3 boys are sleeping and I'm about to join them!

Good night!

No comments: