When I picked Owen up today after work he told me he earned his third Shiny Apple Award at school! I love that his elementary school still uses the same awards they used when Mike and I went there almost 30 years ago. They look the exact same too which is really special to me. In fact, I think somewhere I still have my Shiny Apple Awards. Owen earned his Shiny Apple for working hard and we are very proud of him.
I decided it would be fun to celebrate Owen's third Shiny Apple. I have to admit, part of me was looking for any excuse to get out of the house and not have to cook. Mike is home with the horrible stomach bug that's going around and I thought it would be best to get out for a bit. So, we went to Friendly's to celebrate!
Owen got to pick a movie to watch in the van on the way to dinner. He chose The Grinch. He also got to have an icecream sundae after dinner.
Adam benefited from Owen's success too :)
After dinner Owen asked if he could do "the claw" arcade game they have at Friendly's. If you know me, you know I NEVER let my kids play those cheap games. I don't even let them ride the dumb rides at the mall that barely move and last 45 seconds. I think they are a rip off. Aunt Beth blew my cover when she was home visiting and put money in one of those things and showed the boys that they actually move. They had no idea up until fairly recently.
Anyway, in keeping up with the "celebrate Owen theme" I decided to let him try. He missed on his first try since he didn't know how to work the claw. Then, I had to let Adam have a try so I helped him and he WON! He won a
stupid pink stuffed animal that says "Cutie Patootie". I thought that was fitting since I call him that a lot:) He has carried it around all night and says, "I wuv it so much." I guess it was worth it. Owen tried twice more and didn't win anything so I had to explain to him that they are rigged and they stuff the animals down really hard to no one wins and they make money. Adam got lucky.
After that we went to the grocery store to get daddy Gatorade. Owen got to pick which truck he wanted to ride. He thought that was great.
Even though we didn't do anything that extraordinary, Owen felt really special and knew that we were proud of him. He's such a great kid. Love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment