After almost 2 weeks of sickness, our family is finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It started with Owen, then Adam, and lastly Mike got it. I think it was the flu- horrible headache, body aches, and fever. No fun at all! The only good thing is we've been forced to lay low, slow down, play at home, and enjoy the last few days of summer vacation the best we can. I went out for dinner on Tuesday night with two friends and Owen took care of Mike and Adam while I was gone. He got Mike ice packs and put Adam to bed. Bless his heart. He even made Mike a "Get Better" card. I'm loving his card-making lately. He's really starting to try to write on his own and I think it's the cutest thing.
Today he told me that when daddy is finally better he wants to make him a "welcome back" card. That made me laugh. Mike has spent the past 3 days in the basement on the couch. Thankfully he is starting to feel better.
We made some delicious home-made Auntie Anne's pretzels the other day. Owen enjoyed my stories of when I worked at Auntie Anne's. I showed off my super-fast pretzel making skills. He was impressed.
And I think that's all the news I have for now. Not very exciting
No comments:
Post a Comment