We caught (like ran and jumped on and almost missed it) the train in Lancaster and two hours later we were in New York City! I can't even remember the last time I was in NYC, but I know it was before college- so that means over 10 years ago.
Thank goodness I decided at the last minute to bring a stroller along for Owen. I brought a cheap-o umbrella stroller and it was so nice not having to worry about him getting lost in the crowd or keeping up with the fast pace walking. He was able to enjoy the sights. He was pretty amazed at the sky scrapers. He'd never seen buildings that tall before!
We arrived in NY around 11ish and took a cab to Hard Rock for some lunch. The food was delicious!!
Owen got to see the HUGE TV screens in Times Square.
After that we walked to Toys-R-Us. That place was AMAZING! We checked out the ferris wheel inside the building, but didn't ride it. Neither Owen or my mom are big fans of ferris wheels. The Lego selection and display was super exciting too.
| That skyscraper is made out of Legos. |
![]() |
| King Kong made out of Legos. |
FAO Schwarz was neat, but not as exciting at Toys-R-Us (in my opinion).
Then, we got a cab back to the train station and waited for our train to arrive to take us back home. I really liked traveling by train. It was so relaxing. I caught up on all my celebrity gossip (I'm a few years behind).
I enjoyed being in the big city for the day, but I am definitely a country girl. Next time we go I think we'll try to see a show. There were so many that looked good! Thanks for the fun trip Lala!



1 comment:
Sounds like it was a great time! I'm sure Owen was just in awe of all the great sights. This makes me want to return to NYC... we should plan a girls' trip for a show!
Post a Comment