Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hodge Podge

I'm so glad it's the weekend!  This week seemed to last forever.  Adam was finally back at daycare on Friday and he did great.  I think he missed his friends.  The kids at school are already hyper and excited for the holidays.  I have a very needy class this year as far as sad home lives and it breaks my heart.  I wish I could bring at least five of them home to stay with us.  Sigh.

I went through some pictures I took to see what I've missed blogging about...

So, last Saturday we had a very laid back, small celebration for my mom's 60th birthday.  I actually thought she was only turning 59.  She just doesn't seem like a 60 year old to me.  But, I was wrong.
God Bless Aunt Beth and her cake making skills.
Had I known it was the BIG 6-0 I may have tried to throw together something a bit fancier, however I know she would have hated a big party, and since Adam broke his leg the day before, it worked out great to stay at our house and just order pizza.
Both boys are obsessed with their Lala, but Adam thinks he owns her.  He tells her what to do, where to sit, what to play, even where to put her hand, and she listens :)
A few weeks ago I had this great idea for a Christmas card picture.  Since the previous photo shoot didn't work, I was going to try a second time here at our house with just the kids.  I put a wreathe on the John Deere, my mom wrapped some gifts to put in the back, the boys looked cute in their denim and waffle shirts, it was going to be great.....
Or not.  After many attempts, Adam just wasn't cooperating.  I believe I wrote about our attempt in a previous post, but I never showed the pictures.
This one would be OK, minus Baby.
 
Adam loves his baby doll.  He holds her all the time.  He loves to sit on the couch and watch Sesame Street with baby in his lap and he insists I cover them both with a blankie.  


He also loves his Clifford.  He constantly kisses him and feeds him whatever he is eating.
Here's hoping this weekend is MUCH less eventful than last weekend.  We have very few plans, and we'll soak it all in because after this weekend we are busy with Christmas events every weekend in December.

No comments: