Monday, November 28, 2011

Adam's Cast

Mike got Adam an appointment with the orthopedic doctor this morning at 10:45am.  The appointment went really well.  His break is very close to a growth plate, but they don't think it will be a problem.  Mike let Adam pick out the color for his cast and he picked neon green.  He has a boot to wear once he starts walking with his cast on.
I feel much better now that he has a hard cast.  They said he will need to wear it for 4-6 weeks.  They could take it off January 5th or the 12th, but because of work schedules, we had to make the appointment for the 12th.  Exactly one month before his 2nd birthday.  During that appointment they will do another x-ray to make sure it is completely healed.
It's going to be a long 6 weeks (especially when it comes to taking baths).  Adam is a wild boy in the tub as well.  He loves to splash like crazy.

Something positive in this whole broken leg thing... we've gone on more family walks in 4 days than we have the entire time I've been back to work.  After Adam was  born and I was home with the boys, we'd go on a family walk almost every night after dinner.  Once I went back to work we rarely went on walks together.  Now that Adam can't really play outside, we've been taking him on walks.  He loves it and so do we.  The weather has been unseasonably warm and a lot of our neighbors have out their Christmas lights and decorations, so it's been extra fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Adam. He's such a cutie though. I hope the time flies and he's running around soon!!