Friday, December 9, 2011

I am home with Adam today.  I think he has Roseola. Wednesday afternoon/evening he was MISERABLE.  He cried and cried and just wanted me to hold him.  I put him to bed at 6:30pm and he slept until 7:30am the next morning.  When I got him up, he felt really warm and had a low grade fever and a rash all over his chest.  He was acting pretty normal so we sent him to Papa and Finny's.  He fell asleep on Papa at 10am and again at noon.  Then, he slept almost until I picked him up at 4.    He just had no energy!  Last night his fever was a bit higher and he went to bed again at 6:30 and slept until after 7am which is very unlike him.  He's my early bird.  His rash has spread to his legs, arms, and a little on his face, but his fever is lower and he has been happy and playing today.

We have a very busy weekend planned.  Tomorrow morning we are going to Breakfast with Santa at the church down the street.  Then, I am taking Owen into my school because they have a One Stop Shop for kids to purchase gifts for their family members.  He's excited to buy some gifts for other people.  I can't wait to see what he chooses.  Then, tomorrow night we have my work Christmas party and Mike's work party after that.  Phew!
 
We've been enjoying Nana Way's Advent calendars.  Every day the boys open a drawer.  Each drawer usually has $1, a piece of candy, and a card with a number on it.
They have to find the gift with the same number on it and then they get to open it!
Owen is super excited every morning.  In fact, he was waking up too early and rushing downstairs to open his gift so I had to threaten to make him take naps at daycare if he kept getting up before 6:30am.

I found a Christmas tree craft project on another blog and decided to try it with Owen.  He helped paint the pots green and glue some of the buttons on the trees.  We plan to give them away as gifts to his Sunday school teacher and a few other people.  I think they turned out cute, although I still have some to finish.

And our elf Sam... well he's been his usual mischievous self.  I think Mike and I are having just as much fun, if not more, with Sam than the boys are!

No comments: