Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

1. Friday I cleaned out and rearranged my kitchen cabinets. I try to pick a project to complete every day. I hope that one day I will feel like all my cleaning projects are complete and I can sit down and read a book while the boys nap. I don't see that happening for a while though.

2. Friday night we ate turkey pot pie that I made all by myself! It took me half a day to make it and I kept asking myself what on earth possessed me to make this much work for myself (for food), but it was worth it! Both pies were gone by Saturday night. I was very proud of myself seeing how I have never cooked/boiled/baked a bird before. I have to admit that I contemplated becoming a vegetarian for a moment when I had to wash the poor turkey and pull out its neck. It was gross. Here's what the end result looked like...
3. Saturday I ran errands in the morning while Mike had the boys. Then I got to take a nice afternoon nap while the boys both napped.

4. Saturday night Mike and I watched "The Pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith. It was a really good movie, but very sad.

5. Sunday morning I took Owen and Adam in to see Ollie along with my parents. This was Adam's first time meeting his great grandmother. Ollie was so happy and wide awake almost the entire time. Owen kept giving her hugs and she would smile. Then, he'd make a silly face at her and she'd laugh and laugh at him. The other residents love him too. As we were leaving he gave a man a high five. He has a way of brightening everyone's day.
6. Sunday, before nap time, Owen and Daddy washed their bikes. Owen told me last night that daddy is his best friend. They spend hours together outside on the weekends. Owen just follows Mike around and helps him with whatever he is doing in the yard. Here's a picture I took of them washing their bikes through our screened in porch.

1 comment:

Maddie said...

What great pictures of Adam meeting Ollie for the first time! And it sounds like Owen really makes her smile!

I'm sad I'll have to miss Owen's birthday party this weekend, but I look forward to seeing all of you the next time I'm home later in April!