Monday, March 22, 2010

Feeding Elmo

Owen has not napped for the past three days. Ending his afternoon nap is one of my worst fears (just kidding, it is far from it, but something I really don't want to see come to an end). Part of the problem is that he has eight stuffed animals in bed with him and he plays with them rather than sleeping. I've tried to take some out, but he insists they be in his bed. I already told him that tomorrow he may choose one "buddy" to be in his bed during his nap.

So anyway... I went to check on him this afternoon and he was sitting up in his bed with one side of his shirt up pretending to breastfeed Elmo. When I asked him what he was doing he said, "I feedin' Elmo, he hungwee." I did not know what to say. Maybe I should have explained that it is just something that a mommy can do with her baby, but I was speechless, so I ignored it. I left his room laughing and then called Mike right away to tell him.

I thought I better write this one down for some laughs later down the road!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud! That's priceless. Owen will lean about those things all too soon. Hopefully he will get back into afternoon napping. Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest thing I have ever heard. Apparently Owen has inherited a nurturing gene. That is a good thing! Perhaps you should get him a toy bottle to feed Elmo when he is hungry. After all, Daddy does not breast feed Adam... only girls can do that.
Love,
Abuela