Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mike's 1st blog.

Hello to everyone who reads this blog. For those who don't know me, my name is Mike, and I am Sarah's husband. And, yes, I am the one who wanted to buy Sarah rollerblades as a "push present." Let me just say that in hindsight, after all the events that took place, as well as the unbelievable sacrifice and effort put forth by my wife and all mothers out there, roller blades just doesn't quite say "thanks for pushing." What was I thinking!?

Since Sarah has no idea that I am doing this, I would like to take this opportunity to share how I feel about her and what she has given me. After our first son, Owen, was born, I was so excited. He was the greatest gift in the world. But, what got lost in the the whole birthing process was the "birthing process." I was so overwhelmed that I was a father, I didn't fully appreciate what Sarah had to endure. She makes it look easy. She pushed for 10 minutes with Owen and didn't make one sound. With Adam she pushed for 7 minutes, and still didn't make enough noise to get kicked out of a library.

In life we are force fed stories on the TV about heroes. Often after watching these programs I reflect and think "Is that really a hero?" Some are, some are not, but this much I do know....My wife is my hero. I am so proud of her. She is so strong, so brave, and so unselfish. She just amazes me.

Thank you Sarah for being such a great mom, a great wife, and the best friend a guy could ever have!

Love,
Mike

No comments: