Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday Happies

After another trip to the doctor for both Adam and Owen, chest x-ray, ear infection for both boys, and antibiotics for both boys, we are finally on the mend.  Poor Papa and Finney caught it though since they were the ones watching the boys on some of the days they couldn't go to school and daycare.  I'm pretty sure the boys had the flu, despite both both having the flu mist.

We're trying to make the most of our time indoors on these long, dark, cold winter afternoons and evenings.  The other night the boys made their own little pizzas.
Many nights, Mike and the boys go into the basement (yes, our tiny, little basement) and play soccer.  They have tournaments down there.  As in, they choose their countries and wear real soccer jerseys.
Today was a big day for Owen.  First, he came home with an "official" letter from the principal.  He has been chosen as Student of the Week for his school.  He gets to choose things to display in the showcase in the school lobby.
He was also excited because he learned how to hula hoop in gym class and just had to show us the minute he got home!
Along with the letter from his principal, there was another letter in his backpack from his friend, Asher.
Cracked me up!!!  I told him to make sure he let's me know the date and location of his birthday party since I wasn't aware.  I guess he sent Asher a note telling him he wanted him to come to his party in April. He said he only sent one other invitation out, but he told his friend it wasn't the "real" one.  I guess it was just a "save the date":)

I had to include a recent picture that Adam drew.  He made it for his friend Haley.  We're all so excited for Aunt Beth and Uncle Eric's baby to arrive in 12 weeks.  I think he has baby on the brain.  This snowmom is pregnant with two babies-lucky her!

No comments: