Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Day Off

We had off school last Friday and a late start yesterday (Monday) and today we are off again because of the extreme cold temps.  We did venture out for a little bit today and it's so cold you can barely breathe.  We went to Hobby Lobby and then on a top secret spy mission to find my mom at Boscovs.  We found her in the dress section.  Adam was intrigued by the manikins.  Some had chips in them, cracks in their faces, hands missing, feet missing, and some were headless.  That bought us a good 15 minutes until lunch and a few good laughs.  The two shoppers that were there must have thought we don't get out much.  Truthfully, I don't take the boys to department stores very often so headless manikins are rather exciting to them.

After a delicious lunch at Longhorn (love that place) we returned home to our warm house.

Here's some pictures to recap our recent days...
 
Both boys playing outside, building a snowman, and using their Snow Paint they got for Christmas

 Adam got upset about something. I think Owen got mad at him and wanted to build his own snowman.


Dec. 31st I stocked up on lightbulbs.  In fact, I bought all the 40 and 60 watt bulbs they had available on the shelves.  The lady at KMart thought I was really strange until I explained to her that they are no longer making and/or allowed to sell regular lightbulbs in 2014.  I REALLY hate the lighting on the new lightbulbs so I think I'm good for a few years until they learn how to make a lightbulb with nice lighting that I can handle.
We've been spending a lot of time curled up on the couch watching YouTube video tutorials and making bracelets.  I think I might like bracelet making even more than Owen.
 Our Eagles played Saturday night.  All 4 of us had our jerseys on and were hoping for a win. 
 We let Owen stay up because he's turned into a die-hard Eagles fan.  He ended up falling asleep a little after half time and was so bummed to hear they lost the next morning.
Mike carried him up to bed and I tried to get a picture just in case it's the last time Mike carries him up to bed... sniff sniff.
And now I'm off to nap with my boys :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

We just bought Cree LED bulbs from Home Depot. I love them! It is really good light.