Saturday, April 6, 2013

Owen's Ninjago Party

Owen was supposed to have his little birthday party in March, but we ended up having to reschedule it because of the yucky sickness that was going around.

When I asked Owen about what kind of birthday party he wanted to have he said he wanted a Ninjago theme and only wanted two of his friends to come to his party.  I asked him a bunch of times if he wanted to invite some friends from school and/or some friends from Linda's house, but he insisted on only inviting two (well actually 3).  He wanted Jayden and Tyler to come over and he also included Matty (to distract and play with Adam so he didn't bother them).  I can kind of relate because I'd much rather spend time with a few good friends than a large group.  I think he just feels more comfortable.  So it was more like a playdate than a birthday party, but I still tried to make it special for him.

I got some cute ideas from Pinterest.  One was to make Ninjago eyes and put them on the balloons.  Owen helped me with this the night before.
 
Another idea I found was to get Balsa wood from Michael's for karate chopping.  The boys had a great time breaking the wood with their hands, feet, and even their foreheads!  Mike played music from The Karate Kid to help set the mood :)


two boards at once!
Owen took the board breaking very seriously!  He would fold his hands and center himself first.



We also had a Spinjitzu competition, bounced in the bounce house, and had endless sword fights.  Each guest got a black headband (not sure what it's called?) and a foam sword.
 
Delicious cupcakes- thanks to Jenny!


And now Owen will be in birthday withdrawl for the next few days:)
 

2 comments:

Angie said...

What a fun little party! Looks like he didn't need a big crowd to have a great time. You came up with some cute ideas :)

Maddie said...

How fun! Looks like Owen had a great 6th birthday!