I was planning on going along to the race. Beth and Eric offered to give up their weekend to come stay with the boys so I could go. However, it ended up that this was the only weekend that worked to get together with two of my girlfriends. We decided to meet at the Hershey Hotel for a little night away.
I've been to the hotel for some events and to eat, but never to stay the night. I've always wanted to, but it is expensive. Mike and I talked about going there for an anniversary. What I didn't realize is if you go during the time when Hershey Park is closed the rates are much more affordable. We had such a good time. Even though it is only 20 minutes from my house, I really felt like I was on vacation.
We had a delicious dinner and spent many hours talking and catching up. Our room was gorgeous and so clean. We watched old college videos and had some good laughs. The next morning, I woke up rested and took a nice, long, unrushed shower.
Then I went to the coffee shop by myself and had a latte, bagel, and read the newspaper (I don't think I've read a newspaper in at least 6 years). It was heavenly. After that we had pedicures followed by lunch at the hotel before heading home. Ahhhhhhhh, so relaxing.
I didn't realize all the activities and things there are for families and kids to do. I told Mike I'd love to go for a weekend and take the boys during the off season. There's an indoor pool so it wouldn't matter that it's too cold to swim outside. But I have to say, I loved having time away where I only had to worry about myself. It was very refreshing!






No comments:
Post a Comment