Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

We had a nice weekend.  The weather was perfect and although Mike was away Saturday to Sunday afternoon, the boys took it easy on me :) 
Love his little, chubby hand
We spent lots of time on our front porch and outside.  We went to the playground both mornings.  I know I've said it before, but I LOVE where we live.  I love our cute, little neighborhood, with mostly cute, little houses and the best part is the big, fun playground within walking distance.

Owen did his best to make sure I had a nice mother's day.  Every time we went for a walk and he passed a Dandelion, he would pick it for me "for mother's day".  This morning he told me I should put the flower in my hair like a princess.  So I did.  He also let me use his Thomas pillow all week "for mother's day".  Yesterday, he whispered something super sweet in my ear.  He even told me I could pick out his outfit today and he would wear whatever I chose.  How funny!  Adam gave me lots of snuggles, hugs, and kisses, but he usually does that everyday.  I feel so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy boys this mother's day and a mom that lives right down the road and is so helpful with our boys.
Owen has not been cooperative about me taking his picture lately so I tell him that Buzz Lightyear is in my lens and he looks really hard for him and then gets annoyed at me and tells me I was not being honest.   

Mike took a group of kids camping and Owen missed him terribly.  He asked me if he could call him a couple times and each time he would tell Mike how much he missed him and ask him to please come home.  I think my mama's boy is turning into a daddy's boy and I know that makes Mike very happy :)

Our neighbor went hiking and brought back a container of tadpole eggs for Owen.  I had never seen anything quite like it before!

We put them in Aunt Judy and Uncle Boo's pond and we'll keep checking for the tadpoles to hatch.
Aunt Maddie giving Owen a piggy-back ride over to her house
I also ordered some caterpillar larvae so we can learn about the life cycle of a butterfly too!  I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Maddie said...

Look at those boys' blue eyes! Great pictures, Sarah! It was so nice to see you guys last weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!! I am soooo lucky to have my grandsons nearby.
XXOO
Abuela