Finally, a beautiful, blue skied, warm day. What a relief from the past ten days! If you live in our neighborhood (or surrounding area) you would have had the privledge of hearing Owen shouting into a microphone at 6:30 this morning "Hotdoooogs & lemonade!"
We had a pretty successful yard sale today.
Listening to Owen tell people to stop by our "lard sale" (in the microphone) was just as funny as the deep voice he used to sell his hotdogs and lemonade. I was thinking about it and for some reason he has no problem saying the word "yes", but when it comes to words like "yellow" or "yard" he puts an -l at the beginning rather than a -y. Hmm? It's pretty funny for now.
Part of the proceeds from our lemonade and hotdog sale went to Relay for Life which is taking place in our town this weekend. Our family members, friends, and neighbors were all so kind to stop and be customers at Owen's stand.
We sold a lot, but still have junk leftover that we now have to bag, box, and take to Goodwill. That's the part that stinks with yard sales.
I was proud of myself for getting rid of baby clothes and some baby gear. Some of the baby things still sit in our attic because I just didn't have the heart to get rid of it... yet. Last night as I was going through the baby clothes, pulling out the sentimental things, like the outfits both my boys wore home from the hospital, and their baptism outfits, I got a big lump in my throat realizing we are most likely DONE with kids.
Then, just so I didn't have a complete anxiety attack, I convinced myself that if I sell the baby clothes and things now, I will end up having another baby, but if I keep it all stored in my attic, I will surely never have another baby. That's how it works, right? For now I am perfectly content with two, but I just can't predict how I will feel a few years from now. I know Mike is hoping I feel the same way I do now. Complete.
Well, I am going to enjoy the last few minutes of naptime. Both boys are sound asleep for the moment and lately that's a rare occasion. I guess yardsaling tuckered them out!






3 comments:
Owen calling out "hotdoooogs and lemonade" in a deep voice was so cute! I just love hearing the sounds of children in our neighborhood. Aunt Judy
ADAM! Oh my goodness... too funny. Any time I need a little pick-me-up I'm going to look at the picture of him on the 3-wheeler... so cute!
Remember...you have to lose "stuff", but you never have to lose the memory!
Post a Comment