Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Computer Hacking for Dogs

Hello, and thank you for reading my HACKED blog entry. My name is Elsie and I am a dog.  My parents are Boo and Judy.  On Saturday, they decided to go see their daughter Maddie in Baltimore and catch Orioles/ Nationals game.  Jason Werth is Judy’s favorite baseball player and is now a Washington National.  Judy was not happy with the Phillies for not signing Werth.  I haven’t seen her that upset since the time I had worms. 

            While they were gone, they put me in the care of our neighbors Mike and Sarah.  They’re nice people,  Mike is a really great guy with beautiful blue eyes, a warm smile and fantastic sense of humor, he works hard ..…(focus……)  and always has something planned for me. First, we had lunch. They had a yard sale and their son, Owen, was selling hot dogs.  He’s a good kid so I bought one. 


After lunch Mike decided to show me how to play golf.

Obviously I don’t have thumbs and cant grip the club.  But he was so excited I just couldn’t tell him.

After golf Sarah was scared I would run away.  Apparently she has never had a dog before.  So she asked  Mike to read me a book.  I was hoping he would read Clifford, or Snoopy or maybe even some Marmaduke.  Nope, he reads me “A Man, A Can, and A Grill.”  God Bless him, he tries……

After story time I was feeling like a nap.  Owen was hoping I could play Shoots and Ladders,  but I haven’t been this tired since Judy decided to hike to Lancaster and back, mow the grass, then take me for a bike ride at Middlecreek.  So Mike took me back to my place and I relaxed until dinner.  All in all it was a good day.  I was really glad to see my family that night.  It would have been great if they bought me a souvinir or two from the game, but the time they spend with me is just as special.  
 
Elsie (guest blogger)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guest blogger Elsie: thanks for the great out-loud-laughs! (Glad you could hack in, because I really enjoyed your entry.) Sara & Mike took good care of you & gave you lots of attention. You're a wonderful dog, Elsie. Judy

Anonymous said...

Els: I noticed you were slacking a little bit that day we hiked to Lancaster. (Keep up, pup!) Oh, we were hoping to catch a game ball for you and the t-shirts in your size were sold out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Elsie if you ever want to go out for a walk or maybe a milk bone, just scratch at my door.

-Spike