Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Time with Cousins

Last Thursday, we added another new baby to our family! Maddie and Below had a precious little girl!!!  We needed another girl :)  Wynne (pronounced Winnie) Louise is already so loved and we all can't wait to meet her!
Anna and Fletcher have been visiting for a few months while Jesse is deployed.  They recently traveled to PA and we all got together to celebrate Fletcher's 1st birthday.
His birthday isn't until April, but they will be back to Japan then so we wanted to celebrate him while he was here.
It was so nice to see Anna and Fletcher!  We are already looking forward to Christmas when we will ALL be together again.
The only little cousin missing was Wynne.  So we Facetimed her and added her sweet face to the picture:)  Pretty sure she's the only one looking at the camera!!!
 In other big news...  Mr. Adam learned to ride a bike on two wheels!  We are really proud of him and look forward to many more bike rides this spring and summer!
 
Must be all the healthy food he's been eating...
Last night Adam insisted on eating carrots, apples, strawberries, and a banana for dinner.  He had yogurt for dessert.
We had to make some changes to the boys' diet after our last trip to the dentist.  Poor Owen has 4 cavities (one which may require a root canal).  The cavities are all on his permanent molars.  All his permanent molars are missing the enamel on top.  So his teeth only have the soft dentin on top (which is a perfect place for cavities to form).  It can be caused by a fever in utero or a high fever as a baby.  It also can be caused by antibiotics.  I'm guessing Owen's problem is due to antibiotics he was given before he turned 1 (because he had 9 ear infections that first year).  Although I know it could be worse, it still makes me sick with worry.   My boys will never eat another fruit snack or raisin if I can help it.  Those are the two worst things they can eat.  And I don't know if a diet change will even help Owen's teeth, but it's definitely worth a try and I figure it can't hurt!  The hygienist cleaning Adam's teeth said she has never seen teeth with so many deep grooves and crevices as Adam's.  My boys were definitely not blessed with good teeth, that's for sure!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww I just told Wynne that she made the blog! I love all of the pictures of her sweet cousins and can't wait for her to meet them. What a lucky little girl to have such a great extended family!