For Christmas I got Mike a year of dates. At the start of each month he gets to open the envelope for that month and we choose a time to go on the date that is inside the envelope. All the dates (except one) is to a place neither of us has been to. Some are restaurants, others are more adventurous. Our first date was to The Mill in Hershey. It was a last minute decision to go on the date since Adam had been sick. We couldn't get a reservation so we sat at the bar, but it was still a lot of fun.
This morning he opened his February date which is a trip to Troegs Brewery. Neither of us has ever been there so we're excited to check it out.
There are some really fun dates coming up and I can't wait!!!
Growing up my dad would make us an ice skating rink in the winter. He'd pull a trailer up to the ice rink and put a kerosene heater inside so we could warm up when we got cold. I have so many great memories of skating on that rink. It's where I learned to ice skate.
This past fall, Mike ordered a HUGE plastic tarp in hopes of making the boys an ice rink in our yard. This past week he set it up and the boys were able to try it out today.
This afternoon while Owen was at soccer Adam and I made cookies.
I can't believe he will be 5 years old in 11 days. I wish I could freeze time and have him stay 4 for a long time. Mike and I both agree that 4 is such a sweet age. We thought the same thing with Owen.









No comments:
Post a Comment