Friday, October 19, 2012

iPhone Catch Up

I'm a little behind on my blogging and I couldn't really remember what we've been up to.  All I have to do when that happens is check my iPhone.  ha!

Mike was hunting last weekend- Thursday night thru Saturday afternoon.  Friday night the boys and I had a game night.  Playing Candy Land, Memory, and Shoots and Ladders is no small feat with Adam, but we managed and he did pretty well. 

Here are the boys last Saturday morning playing "house".  I had to take a picture because it made me laugh.  Adam is sitting in his rocking chair reading his baby a book.  Baby is asleep on the pillows.  Owen has his Ninjago guys lined up.  It was Owen's idea to play house.  It didn't last long, but I thought it was cute.
Sunday morning we went to Sunday school.  I took Adam to his Tots-n-Twos class which he loves.  I can only tell him about it Sunday morning because he gets so excited and asks every few minutes if it's time to go to "my school" yet.  He insisted on wearing his cowboy boots backwards that day.  His favorite part of "school" is free play, singing, and dancing with the instruments.
It was hard to get a clear picture since he wouldn't stand still.
This past Wednesday I took Adam to the eye doctor for a check up.  He had to get his eyes dialated too.  He did so well and barely fussed when they put "water" in his eyes.  He will tell every person he meets about how "the doctor put water in my eyes".  After a thorough examination the doctor told us that Adam no longer needed to wear his glasses.  His eyesight and astigmatism have improved enough that he does not need them.  Dr. M seemed a little surprised at the results too!  I thought he looked really cute in his glasses, but they were a big responsibility (for us).  Keeping them from getting lost, broken, and keeping them clean took a little extra time each day. 

Owen has homework every night of the week.  It doesn't take long and sometimes it's even fun... like make a pattern outside with leaves.  On this particular night he had to practice writing his full name 5 times.  For a little motivation, I told him I would take a picture of his homework once he finished and send it to Aunt Beth and Eric.  He was super excited and did his very best.  I think I'll have to use that more often.  His handwriting has really improved!

Today was Owen's Cornwalk fundraiser at school.  Mike was able to stop over and walk with Owen and Papa and Mel were there to cheer him on as well.  Mike said Owen was really embarrassed that he was there.  I think it was just out of Owen's typical routine and it threw him off a bit.  I told him to get used to it because in a couple weeks Mike is going in as a Secret Reader and a few weeks after that I am going in to read to his class.  I can't wait!

And just a little something that I want to remember about Adam...

Two weeks ago he threw a major tantrum at Owen's soccer game that I had to take him home.  He was fussy, tired, teething, and miserable to begin with and then he wanted to pee in the grass, in front of everyone.  I told him he was not allowed and that I would take him to the potty and that set him off.  So we went home.  This past Thursday I was having a talk with him about my expectations at soccer and how I wanted him to behave and have a much better time than last time and he looks a me and says, "Alwight, alwight, welax."  Yes, my two year old told me to relax.  I turned around, looked at Mike and both of us couldn't believe what we heard.  Then Mike said, "Oh my gosh, I say that.  He got that from me.  Oh no!"
Oh Adam!!  He's a trip.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Maddie said...

Shaun and I were cracking up about Owen getting "embarassed" and Adam telling you to "welax"! Too funny. I love that you post these sweet little stories :)