I just realized this is my 701st post. Wow. That's a lot of blogging!
As I mentioned before I LOVE using my crock pot this time of year. There's nothing better than throwing everything in a pot in the morning and being gone all day and coming home to dinner already made.
I've made quite a few crock pot dinners lately and we've loved every one of them, which is rare.
Here are some of my favorite:
1. Crock pot Baja Pork Tacos from Cara Carroll. I love her recipe blog (and her teaching blog too!). She has some of the best and yummiest recipes. Her cream cheese crock pot chicken was a hit with all 3 of my boys too!
2. McCormick's BBQ pulled pork packet is SOOOOOOO good and it made so much that we ate it for at least three days straight for dinner. That's always a plus. Mike put coleslaw and fried onions on top. Yum! (the onion part, not the coleslaw part).
3. I was looking for a recipe for the crockpot for shepherd's pie. Owen said that Linda makes it and it's soooooo good and wanted me to make it. I told him that I made it before, but he didn't remember. I don't think I really measure up to Linda's cooking in Owen's opinion. Anyway, did you know there's a lady out there that cooked from her slow cooker for 365 days straight?! She blogged about it and I get a lot of good recipes from her. She had a recipe for shepherd's pie and it was deeeelicious and super easy to make.
Some weeks I am so organized and have every meal planned out and all the things I need already bought from the store. Other weeks, I am flying by the seat of my pants and quickly throwing something together for dinner each night. This was one of those weeks. Hopefully next week I can do better!
Happy Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment