Friday, July 3, 2009
He's Baaaaack
Well, after Tony died, we hoped Owen would not notice. He had not paid too much attention to him during the two weeks he was alive so I thought maybe it would just pass and he would forget Tony ever existed. I was wrong. The day after Tony's passing, Owen would ask at least ten times a day, "Mama, what's Tony doin?" or "Mama, where'd Tony go?" It was the first thing he talked about when he woke up in the morning. I had to make up something so I told him Tony went to visit his cousin and he would be back soon. He continued to ask about him daily and we knew he had to return soon from his cousin's house so yesterday I went to Pet Smart and for 14 cents I bought another Tony. There were about 100 fish in the tank and I told the guy working there that I needed the smallest, solid orange colored goldfish he could get. He must have thought I was nuts because there were others that were much larger and much prettier for the same price. So Tony arrived just in time to sit at the table with us during dinner and Owen was very happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah - that is so funny - I was laughing out loud while reading it! Tony's back from visiting his cousin!!! HAHAHAHA! Oh, I bet Owen was so happy that Tony returned from his visit.
Abuela to the rescue? I am going to purchase a spare goldfish today and keep him at my house until needed. There must be something funny in the water in Toytown.
Post a Comment