Today we (my mom, Mike and I) took Owen to the Philadelphia Zoo. They have a special program where teachers get in free all summer! We had a great time even though it was so hot. We did not get to see everything because by noon Owen was hot, tired, and getting cranky, so we might go back in a couple weeks. When we asked Owen what his favorite animal was he said it was the snakes. However, tonight, when I asked him again he said it was the elephants. That's funny because there were no elephants at the zoo. They sent them to the Pittsburgh Zoo because they had a much larger area for them. There was a statue of an elephant so maybe he just really enjoyed that. I was surprised at how empty the zoo was, although as we were leaving, more people were arriving.
Owen looking at a snake.

There's a part of the zoo where kids can pet, feed, and even brush goats. This was my favorite part. We were sure to wash our hands afterwards so we don't get Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease (again).

At first, Owen was scared of the metal animal statues all around the zoo, but he eventually got over it.


Another highlight was the
choo choo train.


Daddy and Owen being silly.

A cute rhino and some giant
tortoises (my mom's favorite).

1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great day. I want to come next time! I love the Philly zoo. (The giraffes are my favorite!!)
Post a Comment