we will be having another baby! I know some people (mainly our parents) already know, but we wanted to wait to spread the news until we heard the heartbeat. I found out on Wednesday, June 10th. I took a test that morning because Kate's wedding weekend was coming up and I wanted to be able to have a couple glasses of wine if I wasn't pregnant, but it turns out I was pregnant!
I am so relieved to have heard the heartbeat. It's a great moment. In fact, we recorded it so I will post that a little later.
My due date is February 21st. I thought I was going to be 10 weeks tomorrow, but found out today that I am only 9 weeks 1 day- I was a little bummed because I thought I was nearing the end of the first trimester and would start to feel better.
I am VERY nauseous (mainly in the morning, afternoon and into the evening which I guess is pretty much all day), but have not thrown up yet so I keep telling myself it could be worse. This morning I started gagging, like I normally do, but this time I had to run to the toilet, however I didn't throw up. I think once I start throwing up I just won't stop so I am really trying to hold it in. I know... that's gross.
Owen is really excited. We were not planning on telling him we were having a baby until closer to the end, however I ended up telling him anyway. He likes me to carry him up and down the steps now and then and I knew that I should probably stop doing that since I fell down the steps when I was pregnant with him multiple times. This time our steps are not carpeted so it could be even worse. So I have tried to get him into the habit of just holding my hand even though he can go up and down himself. One day he was fussing about having to walk up and did not understand why I could not carry him up so I told him that mommy has a baby in her belly and that is why I can not hold him when we go up and down the steps. Since I told him that he has been so cute and completely understands why I can't carry him. He says, "Mommy baby belly." He told the hostess at Grotto's in Rehoboth "Mommy baby belly" and he told the two Mexican guys moving our sofas "Mommy baby belly". He tells everyone. He lifts up my shirt and gets a little confused as to why he can't see it. The other day we were driving in the car and out of the blue he said, "I want baby sister." Then he said, "No like baby brudder." I didn't know he even knew the meaning of brother and sister. Mike told him he will like whatever he gets.
We do plan on finding out what we are having this time so we can prepare the baby's room. I would be just as happy to have another boy as I would be to have a girl. We just hope it is healthy!!
2 comments:
Yay! Congratulations to all three of you! We are so happy for you and can't wait to celebrate the addition of another family member. I'm sure that Owen will make a fabulous big brother! I can't wait to follow your blog through this exciting time. I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! Until then, feel better! Love you, lots of hugs!
I listened to the baby's heartbeat today. I couldn't help crying. Abuela can't wait for another addition to your family!
XXOO
Post a Comment