Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Weekend

Saturday was a busy day. I had an eye doctor apt, Cheech got shaved, I ran tons of errands, and then we went to Tyler's birthday party. Owen was very excited for Tyler's party and had been talking about it all week. He had a John Deere birthday party theme and his daddy gave hay rides behind his tractor. It was so cute. Unfortunately, Owen decided he was scared of the tractor and did not want to go on the hayride so I was not able to get any pictures. He was being a tad of a party pooper, but that's ok.

Owen wore a cute outfit to the party. I got him the white polo, Kimmie got him the shorts, and Lala got him the cute shoes.

Here's a couple pictures of Cheech's new haircut. When Mike was putting him in the cat carrier Cheech was crying really loudly and Owen had never heard him that upset. He said, "Cheech cry. Cheech take Ta." He felt so badly for Cheech that he wanted to let him take Thomas along. How cute. Then, when Cheech got home and Owen saw him he kept staring at his behind because it looks A LOT different than it did when he had hair. Owen was very curious and concerned about Cheech's hiney. He kept looking at it and pointing and saying, "Uh oh Cheech, uh oh Cheech." We told him Cheech was fine and that is where he goes potty.
Tonight we had dinner with Bob, Kim, and Mel and afterwards Owen enjoyed playing in the yard. Here he is playing baseball. Yesterday he hit two balls in a row. It was the first time I had ever seen him play baseball and was amazed. For a second, I thought he had some sort of baseball gift, but he has not done it since. If you listen closely to the video I think my mom thought the same thing. You'll notice in many pictures that Owen usually is missing his shirt, shorts, or both. He prefers to be in just a diaper and it is hard to keep him in clothing when he is at home. We had icecream sandwiches for dessert and Owen took so long to eat his that it was melting all over himself and our deck. Papa had the good idea to have him sit in his empty pool while he ate it.

No comments: