Thursday, June 5, 2014

Getting Ready for our Fieldtrip!

Adam keeps asking me how many more days until our field trip.  I think it's funny and now I've started calling it our field trip.  It's better to look at our trip to California as an adventurous field trip rather than a vacation because I'm sure it won't be very relaxing and I'm OK with that.  I've learned taking trips with kids really isn't my idea of relaxing.  We can't wait!  We are all looking forward to some much needed family fun time.

I'm turning in my computer tomorrow because all the elementary teachers are getting new laptops and I won't be blogging while we are away, but I'm sure when we return at the end of the month I'll have lots to write about and share about our trip.

This week was our last week for tball and baseball.  Adam could care less about the actual game of tball. 

In fact, I'm not sure he even knows where first base is. 
He's got a good swing and can hit the ball, but what he enjoys most is goofing off with his buddies on the team. 


He benefits from some reminders from his patient coaches.  Adam is my social butterfly.
 He loves being around people.  He also loves the snacks at the end of the game.  And he LOVES when we cheer for him. 

I love watching him play tball :)

Owen, on the other hand, is very focused during games.

You can tell just how focused he is because his tongue is out in almost every picture I take of him.
He listens to the coach (Mike) and keeps track of his things so no one accidently takes something that is his (gets that from me).

He loves baseball and has fun, but is there to do well and wants to win.
 I love watching him play baseball :)
And I love how different my boys are.

I really wanted a toothless smiling picture of Owen in his baseball uniform tonight.  It makes me sad to think that I will never see him playing baseball missing his two front teeth (unless they get knocked out and that would be horrible!)  I think this stage is one of the cutest and if he didn't get so annoyed with me when I try to take his picture, I'd probably have a million.
I've really enjoyed being a mom this week (as opposed to a mom and a teacher).  I've been able to walk Owen to the bus every day.
 
And spend time playing with Adam.  He was thrilled when I suggested we get out his pool.
Today Mike and I went in for Author Day.  Owen read a story that he wrote, and then he and his friend read a story that they wrote together.
It was so sweet.  Mike and I can't believe how far he has come in a year.  He never would have gotten up in front of a crowd and read a story out loud a year ago.  We were really proud of him!
 We are already looking forward to babysitting Caleb when we get back from our trip!! He is soooo cute!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sounds like you all are enjoying summer! Your trip sounds fabulous...hope you all have a blast and safe travels. Can't wait to hear all about it.