Two weeks ago was the area 4H fair. The boys enjoy going there to see all the animals, sit on the tractors, and check out the Lego contest winners, but most of all, they like playing the games and riding the rides. This year they got to ride a camel!
I signed the boys up for the free summer bowling program. They get to bowl two free games a day. We only went once, but it was fun and maybe we'll make it back once more before school starts?! Adam likes the music they play and dances while he bowls.
On this particular morning the boys were up early and we were already playing Candyland by 7:30am. Fun times!
Our 4th blog book arrived today. I am a little late ordering my 2012 book. It's been on my To Do list for a loooong time and I finally did it. It's a little shorter than last year- 243 pages. I love it.
I love these cuties too!
Adam is holding our marble jar. The boys can earn marbles by using good manners or doing kind things for others (without me reminding or asking them). Last week Owen earned a marble helping his brother at the Kidmazium. Adam was a little scared and had trouble reaching and climbing in some areas and Owen really looked after him and helped give him a lift when he needed it and I didn't even have to ask. That same day, Adam earned a marble because he held the door for a few people as they walked into CC's restaurant. I didn't ask him to do that, he did it on his own which earned him a marble!
Adam earned two marbles today- he's on a roll. An older lady at the Dollar Store dropped something and he noticed and walked over and picked it up for her. Then when we got home from the grocery store I was going to the bathroom and came out and he had already started putting away the groceries. I don't usually give out marbles if I feel like they are doing things just to earn a marble. Adam didn't do any of those things expecting a marble which is the best part.
Once the jar is full, the boys get to pick out a special treat or little toy.
No comments:
Post a Comment