Owen started first grade today! To be honest, he wasn't all that excited about going back to school. He'd much prefer to stay at home and play Legos. But summer ends and life goes on:)
Mike and I weren't able to be there when he got on the bus this morning. In a way, I think sometimes he does better when we aren't there. I texted a friend that I knew was at the bus stop. I asked her if they had to carry a crying Owen onto the bus. She thought I was joking. She texted me back a picture and said he was fine and seemed really relaxed. Relaxed?! Owen and relaxed are rarely used in the same sentence, but I couldn't have been happier knowing my little buddy was happy on his first day of first grade.
Aunt Beth drove all the way home from Baltimore to pick up Adam from daycare and greet Owen as he got off the bus. That's love :)

No comments:
Post a Comment