Monday, June 24, 2013

Fun in the Sun

We've been having all sorts of fun around here lately. 

Lots of popsicle eating, cape wearing, basketball playing fun!

Active, growing boys require a LOT of food.  This was Owen's dinner the other night- egg whites with toast and after that he had waffles for dessert.  Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.
Our caterpillars have already formed crysalisis.  We can't wait for them to emerge as butterflies!  Owen has been keeping a journal documenting all the stages and phases of the butterflies.
Last week we made Flubber!!  I found the recipe on Pinterest.  I had the boys watch a movie clip from the actual movie Flubber before we made it.  They LOVED it and it kept them occupied for at least 45 minutes.
 We had a movie night last week.  Watching a movie on our deck in PJ's= loads of fun!
This past weekend I went to Philly for Maddie's bachelorette party.  We went to an organic spa where I had one of the best manicures and pedicures ever.  Then we had a delicious dinner with lots of laughs and fun celebrating Maddie.  The night ended with some dancing and silly girl talk.  I'm getting old, but I definitely didn't feel old that night!  We only went to bed at 4am.  I don't think I've stayed up till that hour since college (not counting the foggy newborn sleepless nights).  Oh boy was I useless the next day. 

While I was off having a girls night, Mike took the boys to Raystown Lake for a little guys trip. Owen was thrilled and could barely sleep the night before because Uncle Below was also going to be there!
Mr. Adam went tubing all by himself for the first time and spent most of the time in the water.  Here's a picture of both boys tubing together.
Today we spent the entire day at the pool playing with friends.  It's nice that we don't have to come home for naps now that Adam is a bit older.  Owen left for dinner and a sleepover with Papa and Finney and Adam helped me make dinner.  We've have a food processor sitting in our basement for many years. 
I actually got it as a wedding gift.  I finally used it.  I made honey mustard pretzel chicken.  Adam helped me pound the chicken.  He's always asking to help me make dinner.  I also made orzo with parmesan and basil.  It was such a delicious dinner!

No comments: