Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random Act of Kindness Week

This special week comes at just the right time.  Christmas seemed to be all about receiving gifts for my boys and honestly, I can't blame them.  They are still little and can't understand the concept that "giving is better than receiving".  However, even though Owen loves to get presents, he also has a very big heart and loves doing things for other people. 

I just found out Random Act of Kindness Week is February 13-19th and I can't wait!!!!  I never knew there was a week dedicated toward random kind acts.  Until a few minutes ago, I actually thought that it was January 13-19th so today Owen and I spent the entire car ride home talking about the things we are planning to do for others during this special week.  He's super excited.  Tomorrow I'll have to break it to him that it is a full month away.  Oops!  Oh well.  That just gives us more time to get ready.

Here are some of the random acts we are planning on doing.  We still need to come up with some more.
1.  Pay the bill for the car behind us in the drive through at McDonalds.
2.  Make a new picture for Ollie (my grandmother) and take cookies to the nurses in her nursing home.
3.  Take a dinner to a friend that just had her baby (at 31 weeks!).
4.  Take breakfast (pancakes) to a special friend.
5.  Take a special treat (cookies and hot chocolate?) to our local police and fire station and make them a card thanking them for keeping our neighborhood safe.  

Along with the gift, I thought we'd print out cards that say, "You've Been RAKed" "Random Act of Kindness Week, February 13-19."

I got the idea for the cards from this blogger and I believe she got it from another blogger.  She has the BEST ideas for recipes, classroom activities, and fun things to do with your kids. 
I love the blog world :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe you got Adam to wear his Elmo hat! This post has me tearing and smiling at the same time. I am all about the 'Random Acts of Kindness' week. Thanks for sharing the info.
XXOO
Abuela