Monday, January 16, 2012

Our Weekend

We had such a nice weekend.  Friday night we didn't do much.  Saturday morning I got my hair cut chopped.  She cut it much shorter than I wanted, but I am getting used to it. After that I went shopping.  By myself.  It was heavenly.  I rarely go shopping for myself so when I do, I enjoy every second of it.

Saturday night my mom took Adam and I to see Sesame Street Live at the Hershey Theater.  We went out to dinner at Houlihans first where Adam was very well behaved once he had a huge bowl of french fries in front of him.  That boy is DEFINITELY my child with his appreciation for a good french fry :)  Then, we headed over to see "Elmo".  Adam was very excited and was sporting his brother's Elmo shirt that he wore when we took him a few years ago.
 
Everything was going well.  We had GREAT seats.  Adam had a lollipop that the adorable little girl in front of him was eyeing up.
Then the kids were able to get up and dance in the aisles.  Adam joined right in.  So stinkin cute to see all the little ones dancing.
And then, it happened.... he spotted a little boy, about his age, relaxing on his mommy with A GREEN NUNNER.  The same one we gave up over a month ago, except for nap/bed time.  He's been doing really well and barely ever asks for it.   I think in his little mind the boy had taken HIS nunner.  Well, all of a sudden Adam started saying "No" over and over and over again.  He was not at all interested in the show after that point and threw himself on the floor crying.  Thank the Lord that his meltdown occurred 30 seconds before intermission.  We moved our things to the back of the auditorium thinking we would probably have to go.  He calmed down a bit and said "Elmo" like he wanted to pull it together and stay for the rest of the show.  Then, Lala walked him over to the balloon man.  He was selling big Elmo balloons for $10 and only a grandma that loves her grandson would spend that much on a balloon that will either deflate in less than 24 hours or float to the top of the theater only to be taken down after the show and resold for $10 to the next sucker :)
After a few minutes of running around with the balloon, I told him he could hold his balloon, but he had to sit down.  Well, that didn't go well and the crying and fit throwing returned, so we left.  We love him to pieces, but I have a feeling there are going to be lots of tears, timeouts, and talks about appropriate behavior and our expectations in the months (and years) to come.  Oh, the joys of parenthood.

Sunday evening Mike and I went out to dinner with some friends.  We had a great time and are looking forward to some more double dates we have planned with friends.

Today I had off work for MLK day.  Unfortunately, Mike still had to work.  Fortunately, my friends texted me late Sunday night about getting together for a playdate!  Owen and Adam were in heaven playing with Cohen and Tanner's toys.  Neither of them wanted to leave and Owen asked me about 64 times if we could pleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeeee go play there every Saturday.

Tonight, Mike and Owen worked on putting together another motorized truck.  Owen was really getting upset with him because he kept hogging the truck that Santa got for Owen.  So he got one for himself (this one is used).
I have to admit, they are a lot of fun and I'm kinda excited to have races with Mike. We're into friendly competition like that.  Yesterday, it was about 20 degrees outside, but the boys REALLY needed to go outside to run around and release some energy.  So Mike and I did Rock-Paper-Scissors to see who had to take them out.  We do best out of three.  I won :)

Tomorrow, it's back to the grind.  We have a fun weekend planned so hopefully this week goes quickly!

No comments: