It was finally Owen's turn and we saw a side of him we don't normally see. He was quite embarrassed to get his pictures taken and said he felt "shy" although he was showing it in a strange way. He kept running out of the store laughing. We could not get him to calm down and sit and smile. He was like a wild animal. At times he was ready to cry which led me to believe that he really might be shy and acting out because of that. It did not help that the photographer thought it was funny and kept laughing too. After some "talks" and encouraging from daddy and I we were finally able to get a couple cute pictures. It took about 15 minutes and Mike and I were exhausted and sweating after the whole ordeal.
Then we thought we'd go visit Santa while we waited (once again) for the pictures to download onto the screen. We had been pumping Owen up to see Santa and he seemed ready to sit on his lap. The line was very long. Mike estimated our wait time to be about 45 minutes. After waiting about 15 minutes, I walked Owen over to watch other kids siting on his lap. Then Owen said, "I don't want to sit on his lap. I don't want toys." I think he thought he had to sit on his lap to get presents on Christmas day. So Mike got out of line and we went back to pick out our pictures and wait some more in the sauna. Luckily Owen was entertained for a while with a wipe- "cleaning the store". We very quickly picked our pictures and then waited another 20 minutes for them to print because the lady messed up and did not print enough postcards.
On our way out there was no line to see Santa. He was just sitting there all alone. We thought this would be a perfect time for Owen to just talk to him. He was terrified even though we kept telling him he did not have to sit on his lap. Santa was very nice and I was the one who ended up sitting on his lap and getting my picture taken alone. I thought Owen would sit with me, but he refused. I think my belly is bigger than Santa's. As we were leaving he was waving to Santa and starting to really warm up to him. Maybe next year he'll sit on Santa's lap with his baby brother.
I know next year we are getting our Christmas pictures taken BEFORE Thanksgiving. I do not like being in malls this time of year which is probably why I did almost all my shopping Online!
No comments:
Post a Comment