Friday, October 23, 2009

Firsts... and Lasts

I have been meaning to get a picture of Owen in his toddler bed before he moves into his new bed. We ordered bunk beds and they are delivering them on Monday. He has slept in his crib/toddler bed since he was just a few days old. When I went up tonight to check on him, this is what I saw, and I just had to get a picture.

I would also like to get a picture of him on his changing table because that too will be moved into his brother's room. I have not been using it too much lately because he has really outgrown it. I usually just change him on the floor. Hopefully, soon, he will decide to use the potty, but right now he wants nothing to do with it.

Here is a picture of him on his changing table when he was just a baby trying to eat his toes.

So often I write about Owen's firsts, but you don't really think about the lasts. That's probably a good thing because it would be too upsetting. I read another mom's blog and she was writing about "lasts" and how when kids get to this age you never know when will be the last time you carry them up the steps or rock them to sleep. I love rocking Owen in the rocker in his room, but that too will move into his brother's room closer to my due date. We will replace it with a white wooden rocker, but it won't be the same. We have rocked him, fed him, and read to him in that green rocker since he was born. I remember nursing Owen for the last time and then giving him a bottle for the last time in that rocker. I did not blog at the time, so I do not have the exact date (ha!), but I do remember feeling a little upset that it was the "last time". As fun as it is watching him grow up and move out of and onto "bigger" things, it is also a little sad.

Here he is in his one month and 12 month picture sitting on his rocker. I took a picture with him in the rocker next to his bunny every month for his first year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so cute. Owen will really enjoy looking at these when he is older. His daddy barely fits in the bed.
Love, Abuela

Kate said...

Love this post!! Mike in Owen's bed is adorable and Owen aside the bunny is too cute!