Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Princess

One of the main reasons I blog is so that one day my children will have a book of memories from their childhood to read about. Sometimes I wonder if they will even care to read it, but I am sure, once they are much older, they will want to read about the things we did when they were little. If they don't, I know I will want to go back and read my blog when I am older. I was also thinking that maybe my grandchildren will one day be interested in reading about their daddy's lives growing up.

Owen is at a great age where he is saying funny things and the world of "pretend play" has begun. Last night Mike and I sat in the basement and watched him play a pretend game for at least a half hour on his own. He was in his own little world. He understands the meaning of "pretend". When he tries to jump down the stairs rather than walk and I have to correct him, he says "I pretend." When he wants to eat a lollipop and he is not allowed he says he will just pretend. He also likes to pretend that his Big Wheel is a motorcycle, although I am trying to brainwash him at an early age about how dangerous they are. I'm not sure it will work. I think boys are programmed to like motorcycles and things that go fast. Needless to say, he is at a really fun age and I hope the stage of pretend plays lasts for a while.

A few nights ago we went to Mike's soccer game and there was a lady there dressed in a big, black, wool shawl/cloak. She was a pretty large lady and Owen looked at her as she walked by and said, "Mommy, that a princess". I had no idea what made him call her a princess until I figured the flowing shawl maybe made him think of a princess. Then, when I got home, I looked at his calendar from Linda's house and that day the little girls were invited to wear their princess dresses for "d" week.

No comments: