Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why?...Why?...Why?

Owen has officially entered the "Why?" phase. If he asks to do something and we tell him, "Not now." He responds with, "Why?" and no matter what answer we give him, he continues to ask, "Why?" I try very hard to answer every "Why?", and the more he asks, the more detailed my answers become until I finally give up and say "Because I said so."

This boy does not miss a thing! We have to be so careful what we say and do because he is picking EVERYTHING up. Yesterday while Mike and I were getting ready for work, Owen was downstairs playing. Mike and I were joking around in the bathroom while I had my curling iron in my hand and Owen must have heard Mike say, "Don't hit me with that". We were totally joking around, but Owen yelled up the steps, "Momma, no hitted daddy!" We had no idea he was listening. We had to explain to him that we were just playing around and we were not hitting.

Today we are going to break out the finger paints for the first time. He got a set for his birthday, but we have not opened them yet. Hopefully it is nice out so we can be outside.

No comments: